Cloud2GND is a global engineering services firm specializing in standards-based wireless connectivity. Cloud2GND is seeking a Principal Engineer for our Product Development group with passion for building connected devices and leading world-class embedded and wireless software engineering teams.
The candidate will serve as technical lead for one or more projects and direct a multidisciplinary team of engineers including hardware, software, and test resources in the planning, design, development, test, and maintenance of wireless embedded systems for clients and/or internal projects.
The candidate should have extensive experience developing software and/or hardware for wireless embedded systems, along with team leadership experience required to deliver full life cycle engineering services in a consulting context. Candidate will work directly with clients and should have strong technical and interpersonal communication skills.
The role will involve a combination of management, leadership, and technical tasks, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating with clients to interpret project requirements and create proposals for engagement based on input from technical stakeholders.
- Generate actionable project plans, including estimates and schedules, and oversee their execution.
- Lead engineering team(s) in the execution of project plans, including direct contribution to the technical work where appropriate.
- Review team contributions and act as a technical expert and mentor when necessary.
- Keep clients updated on progress and coordinate releases on a periodic basis according to the project schedule.
- Ensure project success and release quality through the institution of standards and processes that are right sized for the scale of each engagement and team.
- Assess team strengths and weaknesses and implement iterative improvements based on project level metrics.
- Measure estimation accuracy and adjust to iteratively improve team estimation quality.
- Participate in the recruiting and training of new team members.
- Monitor team workload and resource availability, coordinate the execution of multiple projects in parallel when required based on team bandwidth.
The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience leading software development teams, coordinating engineering processes, recruiting, and training, project management, and customer interaction.
- 7+ years of experience developing firmware in C for embedded systems and/or wireless technologies.
- Experience working with clients in a consulting context and delivering high quality results with a client-centered focus.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and core computer science fundamentals, including modern architecture and design, particularly as it relates to the implementation of embedded systems, wireless stacks, and network protocols.
- Technical English language skills (written and verbal) at an advanced level. Ability to author project documentation such as project plans, design documents, test documentation, and release notes.
- Experience in one or more wireless standards such as design and implementation of wireless technology-based products, and/or working with the related specifications, test specifications, or certification/qualification.
- Experience creating technical documentation and/or specifications.
- Experience with embedded security, cryptography, authentication and/or validation protocols, and related topics.
- Experience with multiple phases of the product development process. Understands tradeoffs between traditional “waterfall” methodologies and iterative/agile methodologies in the context of consulting.
Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Flexible work schedule and accommodating working environment, including remote work.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunities to build and grow a strong engineering team and environment.
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge technologies and innovative product designs.
- Company leadership that values continuous learning, professional development, and original thinking/out-of-the-box solutions.
Cloud2GND is a global engineering services firm with customers worldwide. We focus on providing our customers with premium services in embedded systems development, particularly around standards-based wireless protocols such as Bluetooth / Bluetooth Low Energy. Cloud2GND works extensively with standards organizations, semiconductor, and product companies to deliver next-generation wireless technology to the market. We take on challenging projects and pride ourselves in the expertise and services we provide to our diverse customer base.
At Cloud2GND we are passionate about what we do and with whom we work. We continue to build our team of hard-working passionate engineering experts that want to contribute to our long-term growth and overall success. We value everyone’s contributions and opinions, and we strive for a team-centric approach to serving our customers’ needs.
Cloud2GND is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.